Why this program?
The Microdosing Institute Microdosing Coaches Certification Program is a 10-month intensive study that was created to help coaches, therapists, and practitioners in the field of health and wellbeing feel confident to safely and effectively incorporate microdosing guidance into their offerings. All students will leave the certification program feeling prepared and supported to facilitate microdosing processes from intake to integration both in a 1-to-1 and group setting.
What you will learn - and how
Students will gain a clear framework for guiding someone through a successful or optimal microdosing experience: from screening all the way through to the integration process. Students will be holistically supported throughout the program via a combination of video learning and hands-on exercises, masterclasses with industry experts, practical experience, virtual knowledge integration circles, and peer-to-peer mentoring.
Become the facilitator you are meant to be
Just as we believe that there is no one-size fits all approach to a successful microdosing practice, we also believe that there is no one-size fits all approach or method to effective coaching. To help students gain clarity into what types of offerings, methods and modalities are most optimal for their own lifestyles, current professional setup, ideal clients, and future aspirations, this program will culminate in a practical 6-week Coaches Lab. In this unique coaches lab, students will engage in guided co-working sessions to define (or refine) who they are as a coach while starting to organize their offerings, both practically and logistically, helping them feel confident to begin coaching or incorporating microdosing into their offerings immediately after the program concludes. In this final module, there will also be a heavy focus on learning how to create conscious, sustainable business models, while managing self-care to avoid overwhelm, burn out and other mental health challenges that can show up for space holders and service providers. The Microdosing Institute Facilitator Certification builds heavily on the knowledge gained in the 6-week group microdosing program, and as such, completion of this program is a prerequisite for applying for this facilitator certification program.
PROGRAM DATES AND CURRICULUM*
MODULE 1: Peer-to-Peer Microdosing Cycle8 Weeks: Oct. 17, 2022 – Dec. 11, 2022 In this module, students will gain practical experience by guiding each other in a peer-to-peer coached microdosing cycle. Learnings will focus on the technical side of microdosing coaching. Curriculum covered will include:
- Microdosing Institute Framework for Coaching
- Screening/Intake Process
- Substances Deep Dive
- Opening the conversation on ethics
- Microdosing and Medication Interactions
- Microdosing and Mental Health Disorders/Neurodivergencies
MODULE 2: One-on-One Coaching7 Weeks: Jan. 9, 2023 – Feb. 26, 2023 In this module, students will gain practical experience by guiding beginner microdosers through a 6-week microdosing cycle utilizing the Microdosing Institute framework for coaching. Learnings will focus on the “art of coaching”. Curriculum covered will include:
- Core coaching skills
- Navigating coaching red flags and challenges
- Coaching through a trauma-informed lens
- Practical: Begin to build a support network
- Trauma-informed Leadership
- Microdosing and the Nervous System
MODULE 3: Co-facilitation in an MDI group 6-week microdosing program7 Weeks: Mar. 13, 2023 – Apr. 30, 2023 In this module, students will co-facilitate a Microdosing Institute 6-week group microdosing program alongside experienced facilitators. Learnings will continue to expand your understanding of advanced coaching tools. Curriculum covered will include:
- Building your coaching toolbox
- Honoring and incorporating ancestral wisdom into your coaching
- Understanding micro and macro doses as complementary tools
- Practicing inclusion and encouraging diversity in the psychedelic space
- Breathwork as a coaches tool
MODULE 4 – Facilitation of your own group 6-week microdosing program7 Weeks: May 15, 2023 – July 2, 2023 In this module, students will co-facilitate their own 6-week group microdosing program with their peers. Learnings will focus on integration of altered states of consciousness. Curriculum covered will include:
- Integration Tools and Concepts
- Understanding research – challenges in clinical research, how to utilize anecdotal vs. clinical studies, understanding how to interpret scientific publications
- Advanced microdosing protocols and practices
- Research Lab – A scientist’s review on significant publications on psychedelics and microdosing
- ACER Integration Model
MODULE 5 – Coaches Lab6 Weeks: July 17, 2023 – Aug. 27, 2023 In this module, students will embark in guided co-working sessions to define (or refine) who they are as a coach and identify future areas of personal development while starting to organize their offerings, both practically and logistically. Curriculum will include:
- Understanding Scope of Practice
- Self-care for facilitators
- Structuring Sustainable Businesses
- Lifecrafting / Personal leadership / Work-Life Balance
The total time investment for this program is 6-10 hours per week. This includes: attending live sessions/masterclasses, self-learning, co-working, and practicum (facilitating 1:1 / group sessions). Date and times of the live-sessions are scheduled to accommodate our student’s timezones.