A guided, online microdosing program that is tailored to help you achieve positive momentum for the next step on your unique, personal well-being journey.
Unlike other microdosing coaching services, this program centers around facilitator and community support, peer-monitoring, and active integration. During 6 weeks, you will receive and internalize all the tools, knowledge and support needed to ensure that your microdosing experience is optimally effective in helping you identify and bring to life an impactful intention – ultimately leading to improved health and well-being.
Duration: 6 weeks
Next 2023 editions:
- January 16 – Fully booked
- March 13 (American time zones)*
- March 13 (European time zones)*
- May 1 (Combined)
- August 21 (American time zones)*
- August 21 (European time zones)*
- October 9 (Combined)
Live Integration Sessions on Zoom: Weekly, on Saturdays. At 7.00am PST / 10.00 EST / 15.00 GMT/16.00 CET in the ‘Combined’ program.
* In the ‘American time zones’ edition, these take place at 8.00am Pacific Standard Time (convert to your timezone) while in the ‘European time zones’ edition at 9.00am Central European time (convert to your timezone)
Peer Sessions: Weekly, suited to your schedule
1:1 Sessions with your Facilitator: Biweekly, suited to your schedule
Group size: max.16 people
This highly interactive, online program is built on the groundbreaking work from pioneering microdosing researcher, psychologist and author James Fadiman, PhD and the facilitation framework developed by the team of therapists and microdosing experts at Microhuasca in Peru. This framework is designed to allow you to fully harness the potential of microdosing through community, personalized support and powerful integration tools.
Application is now open to individuals and professionals worldwide who have legal access to psilocybin-containing sacred earth medicines, such as (self-sourced) mushrooms or truffles. Substance is not provided by Microdosing Institute or the facilitators.
If you are a professional (coach, therapist, health worker, researcher) aspiring to incorporate microdosing into your work or offerings, you will also be eligible to apply for enrollment into the Microdosing Institute Facilitator Certification Program after your completion of this 6-week microdosing program.
Why we created this program
Microdosing psychedelics has become well-known for positive benefits reported by people from all over the world, such as mood elevation, better sleep, improved focus, increased feelings of connection and presence, to name a few. From a holistic viewpoint, it opens individuals to healing and growth that can be sensed and observed in at least four different dimensions: the physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual. In this program, you will embark on a guided, multidimensional microdosing experience that is tailored to help you achieve positive momentum on your unique and personal well-being journey.
Today, psychedelic scientists and therapists at the forefront of their professional field consider microdosing with professional guidance a radical innovation for mental health and personal development. This powerful combination differs from conventional pharmacology in that it not only alleviates symptoms, but also works to heal the root of problems and personal challenges.
But this is not all – sacred earth medicines used for microdosing come from ancestral traditions that have been preserved over centuries by indigenous peoples, long before Western culture ‘discovered’ their qualities. This implies a great degree of responsibility to integrate their use with reciprocity and respect into today’s culture. This is a commitment that we will assume together in this program to lay responsible foundations based on the ancestral knowledge for the world.
What can you expect to gain from the program?
A microdose of psilocybin is typically an amount between 2,5% and 12,5% of a full (ceremonial/macro) dose. The effects are subtle, which allow you to go about your day normally, while progressively assimilating the benefits. Throughout this 6-week program, you will be closely guided in your microdosing process with a strong emphasis on the following elements:
- Microdosing fundamentals from both the ancestral worldview and modern science
- Intention setting, self-monitoring, and converting insights into newfound values and positive action towards bringing your intention to life
- Peer-to-peer support that involves actively supporting others and being supported simultaneously
- Integration and self-care practices such as meditation, authentic relating, breathwork, and journaling
- Community learning with a small, intimate and diverse group of people
- A greater understanding of the role and responsibilities of a microdosing facilitator*
Many participants have recognized this program to be equivalent to years of counseling, meditation or multiple plant medicine ceremonies. Upon completing the program, all participants to date have reported they have achieved or are in the process of achieving the intention they set out for themselves at the beginning.
*For professionals looking to incorporate microdosing facilitation into their work, this program serves as an introduction and prerequisite to the 10-month Facilitator Certification Program for Microdosing Professionals.
Microdosing as a process of personal evolution
Throughout the program, you will keep a detailed log of your experience. This tracking method is an essential element of the program that helps you tune into the subtle changes of a microdosing practice, take positive action towards reaching your intentions and ensures that you have an optimal microdosing experience.
Our partners at Microhuasca have been researching, building and applying safe protocols for ayahuasca microdosing. This program shares the same foundational protocols and framework. Microhuasca shares their relevant learnings with the world – this may give you a sense of what achievements are possible through a 6-week microdosing journey.
What past participants have to say
Participants share how this experience has impacted them
I loved it! I loved to feel how close we are, how supported and share all our beautiful processes. I was able to understand and accept what I needed to let go, also move ahead listening to myself on a deeper level that provides wellbeing.
– Claudia, Chile
Having microdosed often before the last 7 years I can say that the monitoring, group communication and journaling has a much higher impact than just using it intuitively or even with a strict protocol. I was skeptical of the calibration process, but it did make a significant difference.
– Rick, The Netherlands
The arc of the program worked well and guided us through our experiences. It was very clear from everyone’s sharing that we had all been through a profound process together that touched each of us deeply.
– Jennifer, United States
My intention to heal has been accomplished for now, which has enabled me to formulate a new intention for going deeper into the process. I feel also subtly transformed in a pleasant way. All in all, this program has exceeded my expectations for what I can achieve.
– Donca, Portugal
Participants from previous editions share the outcome of their program journey
Participants from Microhuasca’s 6-Week Program share the outcome of their program journey
Who can participate?
Individuals 18 years or older, based in the Netherlands or elsewhere with legal access to truffles or mushrooms containing psilocybin.
We reserve a number of spots for therapists, coaches, mental health workers, researchers, and other professionals who are looking to expand their field of work towards sacred earth medicines.
Meet your educators and program facilitators
Brittany Lillegard (United States)
Holistic mind-body coach and microdosing coach, lead strategist, and educator at Microdosing Institute
- Partner of International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Certified Wim Hof Instructor
- Yoga & Meditation Teacher (RYT 200)
- Movement Facilitator (NASM CPT, Original Strength Systems, FRCms)
- Psychedelic integration and microdosing coach
Jakobien van der Weijden (The Netherlands)
Co-founder and program coordinator at Microdosing Institute, in charge of liaisons between therapists, microdosers and other professionals
- Founding member of the International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Certified Holistic Coach with psychosocial fundamentals (LifeVision Academy, PLATO)
- Psychedelic guide and integration coach
- In service of the psychedelic renaissance since 2003 (Synthesis Retreat, OPEN Foundation and Psychedelic Society of the Netherlands, Microhuasca, Colectivo Conectivo)
Xochitl Kusikuy Ashe (United States/Mexico)
Fifth Generation Peruvian Medicine woman
- Teacher, guide and visionary mentor in one-and-one mentorships, workshops, and ceremonies
- Intergenerational trauma healer with 23-years of apprenticeship under her Godfather, Mazatec Medicine Man of the ancient tradition of healing with the “Nti-si tho”, “Santitos” or Psilocybin mushrooms
- Professionally trained herbalist and specializes in the ceremonial use of Cacao and Psilocybin Mushrooms
- Founder of Teona Center for Ancestral Plant Medicine- an Indigenous women owned retreat company, that offers legal Mazatec Psilocybin Mushroom Retreats in Mexico
Hein Pijnnaken (The Netherlands)
Co-founder of Microdosing Institute, in charge of community building, citizen science and liaisons between academic researchers and microdosers
- Founding member of International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Microdosing coach and speaker
- Advanced Master Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming
- Psychedelic guide
- Upcoming start dates:
- January 16, 2023 – Fully booked
- March 13, 2023
- May 1
- August 21
- October 9
What you’ll receive
During this 6-week intensive program, the educational materials, sharing sessions and assignments correspond to one or more fundamental microdosing perspectives that we process as a group each week:
- Weekly 2.5-hour Live Facilitated Workshop & Sharing Sessions corresponding to a fundamental microdosing perspective
- Weekly Reflection Sessions with your Partner-Guide and Facilitator to support you and help you maximize your benefits throughout the process
- Weekly Videos and Assignments designed to support your active and engaged integration of knowledge and practices
- Online Personal Logbook / Journal
- Continuous Access to the group session recordings, educational videos and guides
- Opportunity to contribute to or collaborate with Microdosing Institute or the International Microdosing Association, for example as a facilitator, monitor, tech host, translator, data analyst, content creator, etc
For logistical reasons, your microdosing substance is not included in the program fee, but upon registration we can connect you with a trusted vendor in your area.
Video classes, live sessions and practical assignments will thoroughly cover the following topics:
Week 1: Fundamentals of microdosing & Intention
The course experience begins with the fundamentals of microdosing and the exercise of defining your microdosing intention.
- Microdosing with sacred earth medicines: Introduction to the fundamentals of microdosing: benefits, risks, interactions, calibration, tracking your experience
- The importance of monitoring your experience: Setting a baseline, keeping a journal, and consistency
- Your intention as a starting point: How to understand it, set it, measure it and achieve it; Uncover the intention behind the intention
- Mindful consumption: understanding what affects your (mental, physical, emotional) energy levels
Week 2: Your relationship with psilocybin
You will learn, identify and practice with elemental facilitation (coaching) skills to understand your own process and to support a microdosing partner, and you will complement your knowledge with ancestral methods of preparation for self-reflection.
- Microdosing fundamentals: Introduction to the ancestral worldview (cosmovision), indigenous ancestral practices, contemporary uses and microdosing
- Preparation & dosing: Practical guidelines for dosing and calibration, proper attitude towards taking microdoses
- The 4 dimensions in which the effects of microdosing manifest themselves: Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual
- Basic peer-support skills
Week 3: Exploration
You will start your microdosing process this week. You will learn how to approach calibration and tracking, and establish a controlled and safe experience for yourself. You will be sharing your observations from this experience with the group, your partner and your facilitator.
- Set and Setting in the context of microdosing, and other key elements to integrate learnings, insights and experiences
- Using the journal as your main tool to document your observations and monitor your progress
- Calibration week: Threshold, optimal and challenging effects, microdosing protocol and calendar
Week 4: Active integration
You will be offered the opportunity to embed and embody your awakening of consciousness over the remainder of the program weeks (and onwards!). Also you will delve into the process of active integration in relation to your microdosing journey.
- Embodiment and play: Exercises and meditations to connect to your body and its wisdom.
- The learning process: How a microdosing process can unlock hard-to-reach self-learning spaces
- Active integration: How to identify and examine observations, insights, discoveries brought by the microdoses, and how to transform these into concrete actions?
Week 5: Plant spirit communication
Our ancestors across the globe have always communicated and aligned themselves with the intelligence of our source through plants. Learn how you can embody this practice and benefit from the interconnectedness of all things.
- Conversation circle: How has my experience manifested itself in my 4 dimensions? What gifts have I identified in my most valuable insights – and in my challenges?
- Plant spirit communication: How can I deepen my relationship with psilocybin as my sacred ally?
Week 6 & 7: Honoring growth & Celebration
How has microdosing lead to changes, or proposed changes, in your thinking, doing and believing? You will bring the sum of all your discoveries, insights and actions into your day-to-day life. You will develop this integrative work in community, with a particular focus on how to achieve results that are sustainable over time.
- Integrate your learnings after 4 weeks of microdosing and redefine your personal cosmovision (worldview)
- Conversation circle: Which gifts have I received and integrated during this process? After reconnecting with my intention, how do I step forward into the world?
- Create your personal integration map
- Next steps: The path towards becoming a microdosing coach
- Guided meditations to honor growth and celebration
- Final integration session with your facilitator
Who’s eligible for this program?
You (1) wish to experience a guided microdosing journey, (2) are willing to provide peer-support to another participant during the program, (3 – not required) are looking to facilitate microdosing processes for others in the future or to dedicate yourself professionally to other roles in this field (e.g. research)
What will you achieve through this program?
(1) You will have worked a deep guided process of personal development by microdosing together with other participants, (2) you will have gained embodied learning of the fundamental aspects of microdosing, and (3) if you aspire to incorporate microdosing into your professional offerings, you will have been trained in basic skills for future certification as a facilitator or professional working in this field.
You will receive educational video content that is essential for the preparation and integration of your microdosing process.
Up to 6 hours in total
Once a week you will have a live group session with the staff and other participants to share and integrate what you have learned and experienced.
6 sessions of 2.5 hours on Saturdays.
Assignments & 1:1 Support sessions
Outside of the classes and live sessions, you will have an assigned facilitator to help you get the most out of your experience. You will also be assigned a partner-guide that will support you and you will offer support to. You will be assigned exercises and activities for self-reflection, analysis and practical work.
Approx. 12 hours in total (2.5 hours weekly during 6 weeks)
1) You receive biweekly 1:1 facilitation from the team
2) You receive weekly peer-to-peer guidance from your assigned program partner
3) You offer peer-to-peer guidance to your assigned partner
Microdosing often opens up spaces of vulnerability and deep learning. Should you require specialized support and containment beyond the offerings of this program, we provide additional coaching with our facilitation team, and if needed, referral to a specialized therapist (at own cost).
Total time investment
Approx. 42 hours
(during 6 weeks)
We understand that sometimes, life creates unforeseen circumstances. Should you have to cancel your attendance, we support you in the following ways.
Up to 10 days before the program starts: Refund – 10% (after VAT) processing fees, or transfer your attendance to a future program at no cost* (or discount equivalent to the paid amount)
In final 10 days before the program starts: Transfer to a future program free of charge* (or discount equivalent to the paid amount); or 50% refund (after VAT).Cancelation during the program: No refund
Continuity after the program
At the end of the program, you can choose to continue with a process of guided microdosing and/or start with your training to become a Certified Microdosing Coach or Professional.
More information available soon