A guided, online microdosing program that is tailored to help you achieve positive momentum for the next step on your unique, personal well-being journey.
Unlike other microdosing coaching services, this program centers around facilitator and community support, peer-monitoring, and active integration. During 6 weeks, you will receive and internalize all the tools, knowledge and support needed to ensure that your microdosing experience is optimally effective in helping you identify and bring to life an impactful intention – ultimately leading to improved health and well-being.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Start: January 31, 2022
- Live sessions on Zoom: Weekly on Saturdays at 16.00 Central European time (convert to your timezone). You will receive the recordings.
- Language: English
This online program is built on the groundbreaking work from pioneering microdosing researcher, psychologist and author James Fadiman, PhD and the facilitation framework developed by the team of therapists and microdosing experts at Microhuasca in Peru. This framework is designed to allow you to fully harness the potential of microdosing through community, personalized support and powerful integration tools.
Application is now open to individuals and professionals worldwide who have legal access to psilocybin-containing sacred earth medicines, such as (self-sourced) mushrooms or truffles. Substance is not provided by Microdosing Institute or the facilitators.
If you are a professional (coach, therapist, health worker, researcher) aspiring to incorporate microdosing into your work or offerings, you will also be eligible to apply for enrollment into the Certification Training for Microdosing Professionals, opening in March 2022, after your completion of this 6-week Microdosing Program.
Why we created this program
Microdosing psychedelics has become well-known for positive benefits reported by people from all over the world, such as mood elevation, better sleep, improved focus, increased feelings of connection and presence, to name a few. From a holistic viewpoint, it opens individuals to healing and growth that can be sensed and observed in at least four different dimensions: the physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual. In this program, you will embark on a guided, multidimensional microdosing experience that is tailored to help you achieve positive momentum on your unique and personal well-being journey.
Today, psychedelic scientists and therapists at the forefront of their professional field consider microdosing with professional guidance a radical innovation for mental health and personal development. This powerful combination differs from conventional pharmacology in that it not only alleviates symptoms, but also works to heal the root of problems and personal challenges.
But this is not all – sacred earth medicines used for microdosing come from ancestral traditions that have been preserved over centuries by indigenous peoples, long before Western culture ‘discovered’ their qualities. This implies a great degree of responsibility to integrate their use with reciprocity and respect into today’s culture. This is a commitment that we will assume together in this program to lay responsible foundations based on the ancestral knowledge for the world.
What can you expect to gain from the program?
A microdose of psilocybin is typically an amount between 2,5% and 12,5% of a full (ceremonial/macro) dose. The effects are subtle, which allow you to go about your day normally, while progressively assimilating the benefits. Throughout this 6-week program, you will be closely guided in your microdosing process with a strong emphasis on the following elements:
- Microdosing fundamentals from both the ancestral worldview and modern science
- Intention setting, self-monitoring, and converting insights into newfound values and positive action towards bringing your intention to life
- Peer-to-peer support that involves actively supporting others and being supported simultaneously
- Integration and self-care practices such as meditation, music, breathwork, and journaling
- Gaining first-hand experience as a microdosing facilitator*
Many participants have recognized this program to be equivalent to years of counseling, meditation or multiple plant medicine ceremonies. Upon completing the program, all participants to date have reported they have achieved or are in the process of achieving the intention they set out for themselves at the beginning.
*For professionals looking to incorporate microdosing facilitation into their work, this program serves as an introduction and prerequisite to the Certification Training for Microdosing Professionals, launching in the first half of 2022.
Microdosing as a process of personal evolution
Throughout the program, you will keep a detailed log of your experience. This tracking method is an essential element of the program that helps you tune into the subtle changes of a microdosing practice, take positive action towards reaching your intentions and ensures that you have an optimal microdosing experience.
Our partners at Microhuasca have been researching, building and applying safe protocols for ayahuasca microdosing, which unlike conventional pharmacology, shows not only to alleviate symptoms but also work on healing the root of the problems through introspection – and then no longer need to use it. In this program we will share first hand some of what’s been learned and observed by studying over 100 cases facilitated by Microhuasca.
What past participants have to say
Participants (who’ve joined this program at Microhuasca) openly share the outcome of their personal journey during the 6-week Microdosing Program.
Who can participate?
Individuals 18 years or older, based in the Netherlands or elsewhere with legal access to truffles or mushrooms containing psilocybin.
We reserve a number of spots for therapists, coaches, mental health workers, researchers, and other professionals who are looking to expand their field of work towards sacred earth medicines.
Meet your educators and program facilitators
Jakobien van der Weijden (The Netherlands)
Co-founder and education coordinator at Microdosing Institute, in charge of liaisons between therapists, microdosers and other professionals
- Founding member of the International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Facilitator at Microhuasca (Peru)
- Certified Holistic Coach with psychosocial fundamentals (LifeVision Academy, PLATO)
- Psychedelic guide and integration coach
- In service of the psychedelic renaissance since 2003 (Synthesis Retreat, OPEN Foundation and Psychedelic Society of the Netherlands)
Brittany Lillegard (United States)
Holistic mind-body coach and microdosing coach, content creator, and educator at Microdosing Institute
- Partner of International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Certified Wim Hof Instructor
- Yoga & Meditation Teacher (RYT 200)
- Movement Facilitator (NASM CPT, Original Strength Systems, FRCms)
- Psychedelic integration and microdosing coach
Hein Pijnnaken (The Netherlands)
Co-founder of Microdosing Institute, in charge of community building, citizen science and liaisons between academic researchers and microdosers
- Founding member of International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Microdosing coach and speaker
- Advanced Master Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming
- Psychedelic guide
Program design & coordination
Federico Infante Ph.D. (Peru)
- Transpersonal psychologist specialized in micro-doses of ayahuasca, and Ph.D. in Philosophy at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Responsible for therapeutic developments at Microhuasca
- Leads the development of the Integration Navigator for microdosing, which allows facilitators to address the benefits and challenges of the users from more than 40 areas
- President of the Asociación Transpersonal del Perú
- Teaching Member of the Asociación Mexicana de Psicología y Desarrollo Transpersonal (AMPYDET)
- Professor at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the Universidad Tecnológica del Perú (UTP) and at the Faculty of Psychology of the Universidad César Vallejo (UCV)
- Supported the initiation of the Ayahuasca Treatment Outcome Project ATOP Peru from the National Commission for Development and Life without Drugs (Devida)
Alvaro Zárate (Peru)
- Co-founder and General Director at Microhuasca
- Co-founder and General Director at Cosmovision, incubator platform for psychedelic program and protocol creators
- Founding member at the International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Co-founder and General Director at Endocosmic Foundation
- Leads the development of the learning and action framework for non-ordinary states of consciousness
- 10 years of experience, as a founder and CEO, in startup ecosystem development, being one of the forerunners of the startup movement in Peru
- Postgraduate professor in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management at Peruvian University of Applied Sciences (UPC), Universidad de Lima (UL) and Universidad de Piura (UDEP) (2016)
- Head of the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Business School at Peruvian University of Applied Sciences (UPC) (2013)
- Advisor to governments of Peru and Paraguay on development through entrepreneurship & innovation
- Mentor or evaluator for startup programs in Latin America, the US and Europe
- University of Lima BEng in Industrial Engineering
Adolfo Schmitt (Peru)
- Co-founder and Operations Director at Microhuasca
- Co-founder at Cosmovision, incubator platform for psychedelic program and protocol creators
- Founding member at the International Microdosing Association (IMA)
- Co-founder at Endocosmic Foundation
- Forestry Engineer with extensive research work in ayahuasca, mushrooms and medicinal plants of the Peruvian Amazon
- Leads the development of the community therapeutic model for microdosing, in order to create accessible spaces for responsible peer-to-peer use
- Leads the development of the incremental dosing protocol for microdosing, a microdosing calibration method that promotes deep learning and transformation
Ana Platzer (Peru/Spain)
- Coach specialized in non-ordinary states of consciousness and medicine woman working for 18 years in the Peruvian Amazon
- Responsible for the network of facilitators in Microhuasca
- Leads the training program for ayahuasca microdose facilitators, which brings together a network of professionals in more than 10 countries
- Specialized in Gestalt therapeutic approach, certified by the Gestalt Center of Peru
- Coach certified by the International Association of Coaching Institutes (ICI) of Germany
- Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming
- Traditional midwife
- Next program starts on Monday, January 31, 2022
- Live sessions: Every Saturday from 16.00 – 19.00 Central European time (convert to your timezone)
- Individual sessions: Weekly, suited your schedule
What you’ll receive
During this 6-week intensive program, the educational materials, sharing sessions and assignments correspond to one or more fundamental microdosing perspectives that we process as a group each week:
- Weekly 2.5-hour Live Facilitated Workshop & Sharing Sessions corresponding to a fundamental microdosing perspective
- Weekly Reflection Sessions with your Partner-Guide and Facilitator to support you and help you maximize your benefits throughout the process
- Weekly Videos and Assignments designed to support your active and engaged integration of knowledge and practices
- Online Personal Logbook / Journal
- Continuous Access to the group session recordings, educational videos and guides
- Opportunity to contribute to or collaborate with Microdosing Institute or the International Microdosing Association, for example as a facilitator, monitor, data analyst, coordinator, citizen science collaborator, content creator, etc
For logistical reasons, your microdosing substance is not included in the program fee, but upon registration we can connect you with a trusted vendor in your area.
Video classes, live sessions and practical assignments will thoroughly cover the following topics:
Week 1: Fundamentals of microdosing and the importance of intention
The course experience begins with the fundamentals of microdosing and the exercise of defining your microdosing intention.
- Microdosing with sacred earth medicines: Introduction to the ancestral worldview (cosmovision), indigenous ancestral practices, contemporary uses and microdosing
- The importance of monitoring your experience: Setting a baseline, keeping a journal, and consistency
- The intention as a starting point: How to understand it, set it, measure it and achieve it; Uncover the intention behind the intention
Week 2: Preparation and facilitation
You will learn, identify and practice with elemental facilitation (coaching) skills to understand your own process and to support a microdosing partner, and you will complement your knowledge with ancestral methods of preparation for self-reflection.
- Preparation: Preparing yourself physically, emotionally and energetically. Differences between preparation for ceremony and microdosing. Proper attitude towards taking microdoses
- The 4 dimensions in which microdosing manifests: Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual
- Basic peer-support skills for a Microdosing Facilitator: Working with a partner
Week 3: The journey starts
You will start your microdosing process this week. You will learn how to approach calibration and tracking, and establish a controlled and safe experience for yourself. You will be sharing your observations from this experience with the group, your partner and your facilitator.
- Set and Setting in the context of microdosing, and other key elements to integrate learnings, insights and experiences
- Using the journal as your main tool to document your observations and monitor your progress
- Calibration week: Threshold, optimal and challenging effects, microdosing protocol and calendar
Week 4: Deep learning
You will be offered the opportunity to embed ancestral foundations to guide you towards the awakening of consciousness through wisdom and personal discipline, and delve into concepts behind the learning process in relation to your microdosing journey.
- Wisdom and personal discipline for the awakening of consciousness
- The learning process: How to follow a microdosing process to unlock previously hard-to-reach self-learning spaces
- Insights-based progress: How to identify and examine revelations and discoveries brought by the microdoses, and how to transform these into useful practice
- Citizen science workshop pt 1: Working with case studies
Week 5: Introspection
You will delve into tracking your own progress and that of others. You will work on making your insights useful while identifying and taking concrete actions.
- Conversation circle: How has my experience manifested itself in my 4 dimensions? How to work on my most valuable insights? How am I analyzing my journal?
- Research: What scientific literature tells us about microdosing, and how to formulate hypotheses based on journal data and user insights.
- Citizen science workshop pt 2: Analyzing group patterns
Week 6: Integration
How has microdosing lead to changes, or proposed changes, in your thinking, doing and believing? You will bring the sum of all your discoveries, insights and actions into your day-to-day life. You will develop this integrative work in community, with a particular focus on how you will achieve results that are sustainable over time.
- Integrate your learnings after 4 weeks of microdosing and redefine your personal cosmovision (worldview)
- Conversation circle: Retrospective of the experience grounded in the ancestral, supportive, scientific and analytical approaches
Closing session after the conclusion of the 4th microdosing week.
- Create your personal integration map
- Next steps: The path towards becoming a microdosing facilitator
- Reflections and final meditation
Who’s eligible for this program?
You (1) wish to experience a guided microdosing journey, (2) are willing to provide peer-support to another participant during the program, (3 – not required) are looking to facilitate microdosing processes for others in the future or to dedicate yourself professionally to other roles in this field (e.g. research)
What will you achieve through this program?
(1) You will have worked a deep guided process of personal development by microdosing together with other participants, (2) you will have gained embodied learning of the fundamental aspects of microdosing, and (3) if you aspire to incorporate microdosing into your professional offerings, you will have been trained in basic skills for future certification as a facilitator or professional working in this field.
You will receive educational video content that is essential for the preparation and integration of your microdosing process.
Up to 6 hours in total
Once a week you will have a live group session with the staff and other participants to share and integrate what you have learned and experienced.
6 sessions of 3 hours on Saturdays 16.00 – 19.00 Central European Time
Assignments & 1:1 Support sessions
Outside of the classes and live sessions, you will have an assigned facilitator to help you get the most out of your experience. You will also be assigned a partner-guide that will support you and you will offer support to. You will be assigned exercises and activities for self-reflection, analysis and practical work.
Approx. 15 hours in total (2.5 hours weekly during 6 weeks)
1) You receive weekly 1:1 facilitation from the team
2) You receive weekly peer-to-peer guidance from your assigned program partner
3) You offer peer-to-peer guidance to your assigned partner
Additional therapy (as needed)
Microdosing often opens up spaces of vulnerability and deep learning. Should you require specialized support and containment in addition to the time with your facilitator, you are able to book sessions with our professional therapists during the length of the program.
Up to 3 sessions
Total time investment
Approx. 42 hours
(during 6 weeks)
Continuity after the program
At the end of the program, you can choose to continue with a process of guided microdosing and/or start with your training to become a Certified Microdosing Coach or Professional.