Today’s conversation with Jeanine Souren is about how we can use microdosing for mental health, the value of psychedelic-assisted therapy – and what this means for both clients and therapists in this emerging field.
About Jeanine Souren
Jeanine Souren is a licensed psychologist, psychotherapist and sexologist. She works with individuals and couples. Beyond working as a therapist with decades of experience and trained in many popular therapeutic modalities, she became an accredited Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Practitioner at the Integrative Psychiatry Institute, where she is also a lecturer about psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy and Retreat Lead. Additionally, she works in her private practice, and she has just launched the Experiential Training Institute, offering hands-on psychedelic training for clinicians in the Netherlands. With, as a first in The Netherlands, being the only accredited training for clinicians. Next to therapeutic trainings, Jeanine and psychiatrist Hans, also offer 3-day retreats for clients.
Microdosing Table Talk Episode 13
In this episode:
- How Jeanine discovered the therapeutic value of psychedelics
- Relationships are at the core of mental health and wellbeing
- Common labels and diagnoses: depression, anxiety, addictive and/or compulsive behaviours, trauma
- How helpful are these labels?
- What psychedelics do to a depressed person
- In which scenarios would microdosing be preferable over high doses?
- In which scenarios should microdosing NOT be the first action to take?
- What is needed for psychedelics-assisted treatments to be successful?
- How to sustain your results beyond therapy or microdosing
- Other frontiers in the psychedelic renaissance: MDMA, cannabis
- The need for practical training for psychedelic therapists
- A message from the psychedelic medicines that deserves to be repeated
Watch the full Microdosing Table Talk on Youtube or listen via your preferred podcasting platform.
Connect with Jeanine and her work
Jeanine’s website: jeaninesouren.com
At the Experiential Training Institute, individuals can sign up for a fully guided, legal psilocybin retreat experience led by accredited therapists. Psychedelic therapists can obtain experiential training that is recognized with PE credits, for which the ETI is the only accredited institution in Europe.
Experiential Training Institute: experientialtraininginstitute.com
Jeanine’s blogs on connection, sex and relationships: jeaninesouren.com/blog
Microdose with us
- Join the next 6-Week Microdosing Intensive group program
- Learn how to microdose with our self-guided video course